This super speciality department mainly concerned with the problems or diseases involving Kidney, Ureter, Bladder and Genital region.
The commonly encountered problems are-
- Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) secondary to bladder outlet obstruction either due to prostate gland
- enlargement [benign (BPH) or malignant] or stricture urethra.
- Stone diseases (calculi) involving the kidney, ureter and bladder.
- Infections involving the genitourinary region.
- malignancy (cancer) involving the genitourinary region.
- Incontinence(Inability to control) of urine or Retention of urine(Inability to pass urine).
- LUTS includes Frequency, Urgency, Nocturia, Haematuria.
The commonly done procedures in this hospital are-
- TURP (Trans urethral resection of prostate)
- URSL (Ureterorenoscopic lithotripsy)
- Stenting ( double J )
- VIU ( Visual internal urethrotomy)
- Cystolitholapaxy for vesical stones
- Orchidopexy and Orchidectomy
- Pyelolithotomy and Ureteroloithotomy